How Maritime Bus Tickets Work
Maritime Bus operates as a reservation based service. By purchasing a Maritime Bus ticket, you have reserved your seat to travel from one of our many departure points for a specific date, route, and departure time.
No need to worry about overbooked buses or about getting a seat to make it to your destination. Reserving your Maritime Bus ticket takes the stress out of planning your trip. Book up to six months in advance and it’s all done except for showing up on your travel date.
How to buy tickets
Flexible Services, Affordable Rates
Maritime Bus offers affordable fares for all ages and abilities with flexible routes to suit your unique needs. Our reliable service throughout the three Maritime provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island also connects to Quebec and some points in Ontario.
Purchasing Maritime Bus tickets is quick AND easy. Maritime Bus operates on a reservation-based system and recommends buying tickets in advance.
Credit Card, billing information,email address, and phone number will be required for online purchases. Visa Debit is accepted as well. Once you have completed your purchase, simply print your tickets at home on single sided paper, have one of our Terminals or Agencies print it for you, OR present a piece of ID and the ticket on your Smartphone to the driver at the time of boarding.
Other methods to purchase tickets
- Going to Greyhound Territory? You MUST call the Customer Service Line 1-800-575-1807 or visit one of our terminals or agencies in person to book your seat.
- Purchase By Phone – Call 1.800.575.1807. Customers can speak directly to a Maritime Bus Customer Service Agent 7 days a week, 6:30am – 6:30pm. Credit Card required.
- Purchase at Maritime Bus Terminals – Stop by one of our Maritime Bus Terminals located near you. Tickets can be purchased in advance or last minute for scheduled departure times. Maritime Bus Terminals accept Cash, Debit, MasterCard,Visa and American Express. Maritime Bus does not accept personal cheques or money orders.
- Purchases at Maritime Bus Agencies – If you are not located near one of our 7 Maritime Bus Terminals, not to worry! We provide ticket service through partnerships with 28 various Agencies throughout NB, NS, and PEI.
- Prepaid Ticket Order – Prepaid Ticket Order (PTO) occurs when a customer purchases a Maritime Bus ticket for someone else who is departing from another location. This can be done by calling our Customer Service Call Centre and speaking to one of our friendly agents. Credit Card is required.
- We have 7 departures Monday through Thursday and Saturday, and 10 on Friday and Sunday from Halifax, which can get you anywhere in our network the same day.
- We depart Sydney every morning and twice a day on Fridays and Sundays.
- You can hop on the Valley Express from Halifax to Wolfville on Fridays & Sundays.
- We have three departures to Fredericton from Moncton 7 days a week.
Buy your tickets online or call 1-800-575-1807
Flag stop locations
Maritime Bus offers on-demand stops known as Flag Stops at various locations throughout the Maritime Bus Network. Flag Stop tickets are available online and must be purchased 3 hours in advance, or 6 hours in advance for Cabano, Degelis, St. Louis De Ha Ha & Notre dame Dulac.
If you’re trying to purchase Maritime Bus tickets for a Flag Stop location online within less than the allotted black-out period hours before the scheduled departure time, please call 1-800-575-1807 to speak with a Maritime Bus Customer Service Agent to check availability.
Maritime Bus Flag Stop locations are indicated with the following flag icon beside the location name.
Find a Maritime Bus location near you!
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Ticket or Itinerary Changes
We understand that things happen.
Although Maritime Bus tickets are non-refundable, dates and times can be changed up to the original purchased departure time. A service fee of 15% will be charged for any changes or cancellations, which is payable at the time. Changes can be made at all Maritime Bus Terminals and Agencies or by contacting our Maritime Bus Customer Call Centre and speaking to one of our Customer Service Agents. Please remember if you make changes by phone, a credit card will be required.
Cancellation requests must be made prior to the stated departure time and schedule indicated on the Maritime Bus Ticket. You will receive a credit, less the 15% service fee of the original cost. This credit can be accessed when making future purchases with Maritime Bus. Please contact one of the following options for details:
- Maritime Bus Customer Service Agent (Open 7 Day a week 6:30am – 6:30pm)
Phone – 1.800.575.1807
Email – Send our Maritime Bus Information and Service Centre an email through Contact Us
- Maritime Bus Terminals
- Maritime Bus Agencies
Can I make itinerary changes after my departure time has passed?
No. Once a passengers scheduled departure time has passed the boarding pass is considered used and holds no value.
All passengers traveling between Riviere du Loup and Montreal and the reverse thereof need to have a paper ticket. You must visit the ticket counter in Montreal and have your tickets printed on Orleans Express ticket paper. If this is not done, you cannot be guaranteed a seat.
- Maritime Bus will not be held liable for delays caused by accidents, breakdowns, traffic, weather conditions, or any other condition beyond the control of Maritime Bus.
- Maritime Bus does not guarantee specific arrival and departure times. These specific times which appear in print or on the website maritimebus.com do not constitute guarantees. Maritime Bus makes every effort to maintain the outlined departure and arrival times. Maritime Bus is not and cannot be held liable for any inconvenience or additional expense incurred by the passenger in the event of delays.
- Schedules and services are subject to change without notice. Maritime Bus may substitute alternate Carrier’s or means of transportation.
- Tickets sold are non-transferable and, if presented for passage by any person other than the one named on the ticket, may become void and confiscated by an authorized Maritime Bus employee/agent.
- Maritime Bus is not liable for expenses incurred due to delays which cause missed connections with connecting services such as AIRLINES, BUS SERVICES, FERRY SERVICES OR TRAINS. Maritime Bus will not incur any expense due to travel delays.
- Maritime Bus accepts no liability for passengers who book with connecting services not providing adequate connection time. Maritime Bus recommends adhering to guidelines posted for recommended arrival times of connecting services.
- Maritime Bus accepts no liability for passengers who do not comply with the Maritime Bus "Passenger Code Of Conduct" or "Baggage Policy". Any passenger who violates the aforementioned code of conduct or baggage policy waives their right to a refund.
- Maritime Bus will only be responsible for transportation on its own lines in accordance with its tariff rules and regulations. Maritime Bus assumes no responsibility for any acts or omissions of another party or Interline carrier.
Maritime Bus tickets are considered *NON-REFUNDABLE. Maritime Bus tickets will hold no value and will be considered expired once the scheduled departure date and time have passed. Any passenger who violates the Maritime Bus Code of Conduct or Baggage Liability will forfeit their right to any refund.
(*Extenuating circumstances may be considered.)
Maritime Bus DOES NOT GRANT ANY REFUNDS through our Maritime Bus Agencies.
Travelling During Storm Warnings
Maritime Bus understands the importance and responsibility of getting our passengers and parcels to their desired locations in a timely manner without compromising safety. At Maritime Bus, we take pride in making every effort to ensure that our service will run everyday as scheduled.
Maritime Bus is constantly monitoring road and weather conditions. This may lead to Storm Warnings being issued, affecting certain routes. When a Storm Warning is issued, current and/or imminent weather conditions may cause hazardous travel conditions resulting in the possibility of any of the following scenarios:
- Maritime Bus service will be delayed
- Maritime Bus service will be interrupted en route
- Maritime Bus service will be cancelled
While service is rarely interrupted, Maritime Bus recommends postponing your trip to a later departure time after the Storm Warning has been lifted. Passengers who are traveling on routes under Storm Warnings may re-book with Maritime Bus without incurring any additional fees. Passengers scheduled to travel on a route which is cancelled will be entitled credit to re-book travel with Maritime Bus. These specific cases will only be handled through our Maritime Bus Customer Service Centre. For details on how to reach the Maritime Bus Customer Service center, please click here. Refunds will not be granted from terminals or agencies. If your route is not under a Storm Warning, standard fees will apply for any itinerary alterations.
IF a passenger decides to travel under a Storm Warning, Maritime Bus will not accept responsibility for any additional costs incurred due to service delays, interruptions or cancellations. Please ensure that you have planned ahead by taking the following action:
- Notify anyone who will be picking you up, that delays may occur
- Ensure that you have additional cash or a debit/credit card to cover any additional needs which may arise
How will passengers know if a Storm Warning has been posted?
In the event of inclement weather, Maritime Bus advises passengers to regularly check back to maritimebus.com. If a Storm Warning has been posted for any route, a pop-up notification will appear and direct all customers to visit "Travel Advisories" under the Service Announcements tab for complete details and updates.
Maritime Bus route information can also be obtained by:
- Phone 1.800.575.1807
- Email us by visiting the Contact Us section
- Contact a local Maritime Bus Terminal or agency through the Locations tab
- Follow us through social media via Facebook and Twitter
*Please note, during a Storm Warning, unaccompanied children will not be permitted to travel.
Terms & Conditions of Purchase & Carriage
Tickets are limited as endorsed and are non-transferable. The unauthorized resale of Maritime Bus tickets is strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted. No reservations are accepted unless expressly stated otherwise. Tickets are valid ONLY for the schedule, date and time for which purchased. Maritime Bus is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Maritime Bus will accept single-sided paper tickets only or e-tickets along with an appropriate ID to gain access for boarding. Student fares will require support of a valid Student ID at time of purchase or boarding. All Maritime Bus tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Stop locations designated as Flag Stops require 24 hour advance purchase online to guarantee pickup or must be made by contacting the Maritime Bus Info center at 1.800.575.1807
Stop locations used for Halifax Airport Express shuttle service require passengers to make purchases a minimum 35 minutes before departure. Passenger pickup will occur between a range of the listed time and up to 10 minutes after.
Limitation of liability to connecting services
Maritime Bus accepts no liability for passengers who book with connecting services, not providing adequate connection time. Maritime Bus acknowledges guidelines posted for recommend arrival times of connecting services for airport, train and ferry arrival times. Maritime Bus will only be responsible for transportation on its own lines in accordance with its tariff rules and regulations. Maritime Bus assumes no responsibility for any acts of omissions of another party or interline carrier. Maritime Bus will not be liable for damages of loss, damage, or delay of interline carriers.
Maritime Bus provides carriage 2 pieces of baggage at no cost. Baggage liability for lost or damaged baggage is limited to the actual value to a maximum of $100 per passenger fare. Baggage liability is not based on baggage quantity. Maritime Bus has the right to refuse certain baggage and prohibited items as outlined in the Baggage Policy. Maritime Bus cannot be held liable for unchecked baggage, or baggage that does not meet the Maritime Bus Baggage Policy. All checked baggage must be properly marked with a Maritime Bus baggage tag, including the passengers name, end destination, and contact information. Baggage claims for loss or damage must be supported by providing baggage tag receipt, which is the removable bottom half of a Maritime Bus baggage tag. Maritime Bus reserves the right to inspect and open checked baggage.
Please follow the below links for further details:
Traveling with mobility devices
Passengers traveling with Maritime Bus which require the use of a wheelchair or scooter are required to notify Maritime Bus 72 hours in advance. Please contact a Maritime Bus Customer Service Agent by phone at 1.800.575.1807
Traveling with animals
Maritime Bus is unable to provide carriage of animals, with the exception of trained service animals. Passengers traveling with certified service animals are responsible for the animal and are required to have the animal under control at all times (harnessed, leashed or carrier). Maritime Bus reserves the right to refuse travel to any service animal which may pose a direct threat to the safety of any other Maritime Bus passenger and who does not have certification card information. Please notify one of our Maritime Bus staff that assistance may be required during your travels.
Maritime Bus prohibits smoking on all buses in accordance with Federal law. Furthermore, the use of electronic simulated smoking materials, e-cigarettes, and smokeless cigarettes, is also prohibited.